Sunday, August 15, 2010

What is the strength of your bones?

Image :

bone weakness may be caused by your lifestyle. The good news is that they are stronger - no matter their age.

You can not blame your family history for all you weak bones. Although our genes account for 60 percent of our account bone density, affected the remaining 40 percent of our lifestyle. The good news is that if we reach our peak bone mass at age 25-30, there are many changes that we can do at any age, to reduce the risk of osteoporosis. Osteoporosis causes Families, but from quarantine, our bones gradually lose their density in the aging process. Postmenopausal women are more at risk because the drop in estrogen levels, which has a protective effect.

6 The rules of food for strong bones:

- Adopt a diet rich in calcium, the current recommended daily dose is 700 mg, but you should consume about 1000 mg. The best sources are dairy products, but other sources such as green vegetables, beans, bony fish and driedFruit> are good.

- Do you need vitamin D in your diet to help absorb calcium properly. It 'produced by the body before sun exposure and is found in fatty fish and butter.

- Consider a vitamin D and calcium supplements.

- An alkaline diet rich in fruits and vegetables - to stimulate calcium absorption and bone strength.

- Ensure that 15 percent of daily calories from protein.

- Eating 100mg per day of phytoestrogens- Sources of flax, soy milk and tofu. They mimic estrogen, thereby helping to maintain bone density during and after menopause.

Exercise for strong bones:

- Walk for 20 minutes three times a week, has a protective effect on bone. It also improves muscle control and coordination.

- Try to exercise, like jogging, tennis, squash and weight training three times a week for an hour or two. As a living tissue, bone responds to changes in power and loadsmore.

- Swimming, especially with the back muscle function, which is also good for your strength, flexibility, balance and posture.

Clean your lifestyle:

- Smoking has a toxic effect on bone and can lead to what women have premature menopause.

- Reduce salt and alcohol: Stop the high consumption of calcium absorption. And alcohol abuse can accelerate menopause and then remain in the 14-21 units per week.

Take the right bone-Test - A DEXA - dualEnergy X-ray absorptiometry - bone density measurement to diagnose osteoporosis, bone fragility, but the first symptom is often a painful fracture. There is a shortage of NHS scanners in the United Kingdom is therefore a high risk of osteoporosis or patients who have suffered a fracture, are the priorities. Talk to your doctor for a referral. A proof of the bones, which requires a sample of urine or blood test can help assess the rate at which bone is broken or formed and is currently available in specialized centers.

Visit : all clad copper core 14 piece cookware set


Post a Comment