Sunday, January 23, 2011

Baked Whipped Fruit Dessert

Desserts do not have to be loaded with fat and empty calories all the time. Fruit whips are simple to make and it seems like there is always room for a light, tasty end to a great meal. This dessert contains only 4 ingredients and none of them have hidden fat waiting to clog your arteries unless you want to smother it in whipped cream.

For this dessert I use dried fruit. Prunes will give you fiber which is usually not found in cakes or pastries. Apricots, raisins or dried cherries are also good to use. I remember my grandfather eating this with his breakfast. He would always make sure there was some left for his breakfast. I prefer it as a dessert.

Dried Fruit

To make this I take1/2-pound of pitted prunes and cover them with water and let them soak all night. The next morning I cook the prunes in the same water in which they were soaked until they are tender. I let them cool and puree them. Next I add 1/4-cup of sugar and cook for 5-minutes. Then I let them cool to room temperature.

Next I beat 2-egg whites until they are very stiff. Next I stir 1/2-tablespoon lemon juice into the prunes. I then fold the beaten egg whites into the prune mixture. I lightly butter a shallow baking dish and pour the mixture into it. I bake it for 20-minutes in a pre-heated 325-degree oven. This very good served warm or cold and with or without real whipped cream.

If other dried fruit is used just remember to use 1/2-pound of that fruit.

Baked Whipped Fruit Dessert

Everything I write about is from personal observation and life experiences. I love to cook and prepare foods in different ways. I like sharing my experiences about food and cooking. My website http://www.pothaven.com was created because of my interest in quality cookware and cooking.

Related : all clad master chef 2 6 quart saute pan breville sk500xl ikon cordless 1.7 liter stainless farberware cookware set 10 piece

0 comments:

Post a Comment